Sunday, February 14, 2010

Aventine Advancing

Images of Aventine advancing allied swordsmen, musician, and centurion. Little Big Men Studios decals and Litko round 20mm bases. I will be placing these in Litko trays. The advantage of the round bases and use of trays is that I can vary positioning and orientation of the figures as I please. The Aventine figures are wonderfully styled, easy to paint and full of detail. The shields fix easily onto the model's hands, even staying without the use of glue. This allows me to experiment with various angles before deciding on a final position. Virtually my only complaint about the Aventine figures is the sculpting of the swords, which are done in a "block" style. I have shaved down the swords of the infantry and had to replace the centurion's sword completely.





No comments:

Post a Comment