Thursday, July 15, 2010

Relic Libyans

Relic African/Libyan infantry alongside some Aventine allied Hastati types. Perfect match size and proportions wise.
Renegade converted Libyan vets shown for comparison. The height and even body proportions are relatively similar. Head size differences pose some compatibility problems. The above basing differences exaggerate the problems.










Relic's African/Libyan infantry types. I've swapped out the Relic Shields with Aventine hoplons. The Relic shields are fine but as I prefer to intergrate minis from different manufacturers into the same groups, this allows for a bit more visual congruency between differing styles/proportions. In my opinion, they fit in perfectly with other larger 28mm lines such as Aventine, Foundry Hellenistic lines, Renegade. The Renegade vets above look a bit bigger, however, this is partly due to the difference in base height/type. The regular Libyan infantry by Renegade fit in together much better.


I usually use LBMS decals for the shield designs, but decided to do a little free-hand here. I'm satisfied with the results, but I can't beat the detail of the decals. However, I do believe you can get cleaner looking results as I've had some problems with blending the edges with the decals.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Keith, the painting on these is excellent. What colours do you use for the flesh tones, please?

    Simon

    ReplyDelete